2009/02/15

gcc42 done...

Finally, I got the desired:
---> Staging gcc42 into destroot
---> Installing gcc42 @4.2.4_1+darwin_7
---> Activating gcc42 @4.2.4_1+darwin_7
---> Cleaning gcc42
Fermat:/opt/local/var/macports sa$


In the meanwhile I found the following comment on the web:
>> ---> Building gcc42 with target all
>>
>> So all is going well until this line showed up and is taking absolute
>> age....what should I do? should I terminate it and try again?
>
> gcc42 takes about 6 hours to compile on a 1.5 GHz PowerBook G4, so
> on your 1 GHZ PowerBook G4 I would expect it to take about 9 hours.
> You should also have at least 3GB of free hard drive space.

So, in my 400 MHz PowerBook G3 I supposed it will take forever... but it took just a finite amount of time!

Today I will try to end the installation of GDL2...